Thursday, March 31, 2011

Captain America


Captain America has been one of my favourite comic book characters since I was a little kid... so it’s quite comprehensible that I became very excited when I heard that they would advance with the making of the film. I saw the 1990 version with Matt Salinger... Don’t really remember when, but even though it had some dreadful reviews (and I acknowledged it) I recall enjoying it quite a bit! You know... it's just one of those things. I was a kid; I loved the "Star Spangled Hero", so it became one good memory from my childhood. That doesn’t mean my expectations for the upcoming 2011 version aren't good. Actually, quite the opposite! I can only imagine what sort of improvements they will do... considering how awfull the first movie was back then, but also due to the major advances in technology. A lot can be done for the Marvel Universe and in this case, especially for Captain America. I mean... it's not just anyone! It's Captain America!! Huge milestone in the comic books for the significant role it played as propaganda (this goes back to WWII) and form of distraction/entertainment. His status as a Marvel character is also an accomplishment. He's the leader of a group better known as: "The Avengers". That's something!

There's one thing regarding the possibility of this movie not reaching success that keeps me on the edge thought...


The director chosen to lead this project is not what I would want for a feature like this! I mean... on the last few years Batman got Nolan, Spiderman - Raimi/Webber, Thor -Kenneth Branagh, Superman - Bryan Singer/Zack Snyder, Iron Man - Jon Favreu, The Avengers - Joss Whedon... As you can see, you've got a lot of talent there...

Well, to be honest... Favreu was also a big question mark... and Webber has only (500) days of Summer (2009) to show for... but common'... Seriously?! The Wolfman (2010)? What a bad effort on Johnston’s part…

Anyway... hopefully this movie will do great! The suit and sets look great...
In terms of casting I think that it was very nicely handled, especially on both main characters! Chris Evans is ideal for the role of "Super Soldier" Steve Rogers and Hugo Weaving is an excellent choice for the main antagonist, the Red Skull...Plus you have other names such as Tommy Lee Jones, Stanley Tucci and Hayley Atwell! Also, let's not forget the “origins” storyline that never gets old… and throw to the equation some other Marvel characters leading up to The Avengers movie!

That's enough to get me hyped about the upcoming summer blockbuster: Captain America: The First Avenger

Until it arrives to movie theatres, I will leave you with the last trailer available.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vê isto lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjETJtzgO2A