Saturday, April 23, 2011

Stillwater

After recently watching Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous (2000), I came across the band Stillwater... a name that I was slightly familiar with! Convinced that the band portrayed in the movie was the same I (barely) knew, while doing some research to write this post I discovered that is wasn't. Basically Stillwater in the movie is a fictional band, leaving me very confused about why would they use the same name.


Anyway, there weren't legal issues since the director had previously asked the original band authorization to use their name in Almost Famous.

This led me to get any albums that I could find and luckily I was able to find a Best Of compilation.

So basically, during these last two days I've been poring my hears with those tracks. In a few Just simply amazing!

Their sound combines bits and pieces of other artists from the 70's... the mixing of sequencer-sounding keyboards and guitars brings to memory Boston, Lynyrd Skynyrd comes alive after some of their guitar solos and Peter Frampton is evoked with the use of the "talk box".

Hear for yourself... these tracks will blow your mind!





No comments: